A Flower in His Hand | Teen Ink

A Flower in His Hand

May 16, 2012
By vbronk PLATINUM, Winona, Minnesota
vbronk PLATINUM, Winona, Minnesota
23 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe


The summer I met him was like a dream.
He was a very kind man who loved me very dearly.
He was a man about 6 feet tall and big brown eyes.
He was a very strong man that believed very much in love.
He loved me the very first time he saw me, and I knew I loved him too.
It was love at first sight.
The moment our eyes saw each other I knew we were going to be together forever.
The first day we met was a dream.
It was the best day of my life.
I was sitting on the beach writing in my journal, like I did everyday.
Everyday the at the same time, I would be sitting on the beach writing in my journal and taking pictures of all the beautiful sights happening on the beach.
Well the day I first met him was the day my life turned around. He was jogging on the beach when he tripped over me.
I mean I was pretty invisible, but I didn’t think I was that invisible.
After he got up he told me he was sorry for tripping on top of me and getting sand all over my papers.
I told him it was fine, and all he was doing was staring at me looking like he needed to ask me something.
So I had the guts to ask him if he wanted to go out on a date with me.
He actually told me he would.
So the next thing we did was walk on the beach discussing when we were going on this date, and where we were going to go.
We decided on going out to dinner, then out to see a movie, which I chose “The Notebook”, which was absolutely my favorite movie of all times.
He told me he was going to make sure it was the most magical night of my life.
He said a beautiful girl like me deserved being happy and having a great man in her life to protect her.
All I could do was smile and giggle.
It was a miracle that I found this man.