I Know I'm Different. | Teen Ink

I Know I'm Different.

By livelovesmile GOLD, Gaithersburg, Maryland
livelovesmile GOLD, Gaithersburg, Maryland

I am like a star burst. A juicy contradiction. I'm hard to figure out, but when you get to my center, your suprised! It's not what you thought it would be, huh.

I am different. Yes, I know. My nose is crooked. my feet are to big, yet I'm quiet short. But I would run a mile to help you.

I get good grades. I raise my hand in class. Does that make me a nerd?

I like to be random, goof off, make someone laugh. But I won't hurt someone doing it.

I love to dance, to act, to sing. I love fashion and the color pink. But I'm not self centered.

I have more than one best friend. I don't believe in favorites. But I will treat each as if they were the only one.

I have a loud distinctible voice, and will always stand up for what I believe in. Would you call me bossy?

Yes, I'm conscious of my voice, my body, my mind. But does that mean I should be ashamed? Should I hide? Run away from the world not letting my talents shine?

Or change myself to someone I'm not, forgetting the old version?

Never. I am and always wil be me and-

I am different, yes I know. But lifes not a venn diagram.

Everyone feels like they're the only one at some point. The only one that feels like they do - and they can only be that one person. But you don't have to. You can be whoever you want to.