Where the Two Rivers meet | Teen Ink

Where the Two Rivers meet

January 19, 2012
By trainboy PLATINUM, Washington, Virginia
trainboy PLATINUM, Washington, Virginia
40 articles 1 photo 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The higher we go, the better we shall hear the voice of Christ." Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
"You may be what ever You resolve to be." General "Stonewall" Jackson


Where the two rivers meet, a ferry was established in 1761.
Where the two rivers meet, was were Thomas Jefferson visited in 1781.
Where the two rivers meet was were the United States Armory and Arsenal was started in 1799.
Where the two rivers meet, was were John Brown made his cry against slavery in 1859.
Where the two rivers meet, Union troops attempted to burn down the arsenal.
Where the two rivers meet, was where the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal got in 1833.
Where the two rivers meet, was held the first meeting of the Niagara movement on American soil in 1906.
Where the two rivers meet, can be heard a little boys excitement of seeing a train coming out of the tunnel.
Where the two rivers meet, is the kayaker looking excited too what's ahead.
Where the two rivers meet, is the hiker ready for a rest.
Where the rivers meet, is the passenger getting on the MARC headed for Washington D.C.
Where the two rivers meet, is the fisher catching a big trout.
Where the two rivers meet, meets the borders of Virgina, West Virgina, and Maryland.
Where the Two rivers meet lies the quite town of Harper's Ferry.