Does that make me poor? | Teen Ink

Does that make me poor?

By Miss_Brightside GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
Miss_Brightside GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

It's like she sees the diamond underneath And she's polishin' you 'til you shine. -Brad Paisley. (this goes to my step mom she keeps me going)
If you want a rainbow you gotta put up with the rain.-Albert Einstein

People only care about money.
But would you still love me if I were poor?

I shop at good will but i have a cell.
I get money when I want it but our hot water is broken. Does that make me poor?

We have lots of food but a small house 3 bedrooms (plus a small room for my sister) for 6 people and 2 dogs.

I never see people out on the street but i know they are out there. Does that make me poor?

some one on the bus was making fun of Goodwill and i told them that they should be quiet because anyone here could shop at Goodwill even me.

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

Kiry.... This is my second time reading out and you opened my eyes. I use to be the type of people who made fun of people who shop at goodwill and thrift stores. But nowadays I've realized that I was stupid to make fun. Realize materials and clothes don't matter what matters is the inside of the person not what they have.

EatSleepWrite95 GOLD, Dallastown, Pennsylvania
This is sad, but has a great message!

on Jun. 10 2012 at 11:26 am
eliana_anastasia11 SILVER, Naperville, Illinois

"Don’t shine so others can see you. Shine so that, through you, others can see Him."
C.S.Lewis

I love this one!! 

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

That was awesome poem. it was pretty deep and i liked your message. At first i was a tad bit lost but then i understood it. Great Job!!!

deleted said...
deleted, Miami, Florida
I agree with twinnbears27. Good idea but got a little lost. Overall it's good though

Miss_Brightside GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

thanks so much

ShyWriting42 BRONZE, Mesquite, Texas

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure...We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God."

I had to read it a few times for it to make sense, but besides that I think this is pretty good. It's a good concept, and with a little clarification (third and fifth lines) this would be a great piece in my opinion.