Wolf Song | Teen Ink

Wolf Song

By VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of Gods great love, we are not consumed. His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

The lone wolf only reports to the moon
He sings his sad song, his bittersweet truth
He wants not a moment's peace
Longing for the wild awaiting him
His heart is unfinished, unplanned
His paradise seems unreachable
But there is nothing more beautiful
He wanders the world, searching
Searching for the innocence he lost
In the death of a lamb
The devouring of a soul
The lone wolf's heart is never at rest
The lone wolf only reports to the moon

This is actually about a friend of mine who in my opinion can be a lot like a wolf. Coincidentally thats his favorite animal. Anyway everything mentioned in this poem are the things that are the same between him and a wolf from what I can tell.

sunny.all.day. GOLD, Potomac, Maryland

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
— A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
"writing is a struggle against silence" carlos fuentos
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

This is a really sweet poem :) It reminds me of Two Socks or something like that from Dancing with Wolves... he's the wolf that watches a guy all alone in his fort in the middle of the west... But I've only seen part of it so far. Anyways, it was good, and you do a nice job in describing the restlessness of a lone wolf.

kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King

I love books, and I love technology, but I don't want to see the latter overwhelm the former. I just think books are meant to be pages you turn, not screens you scroll through.

Wow, you're a great poet! This is amazingly worded and I enjoyed it. Great job! :)

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Interesting, I'm afraid it's not very clear, but it is beautifully worded, and the story behind it is intriguing. 

JuStMe.DeZZi said...
JuStMe.DeZZi, NA, Other
Aw, the poem that got you 2nd place - I keep reading it over and over! Its such a tragic picture you give, and beautifully written. 5/5 :D I love many of your poems, so keep writing more!