I miss you | Teen Ink

I miss you

By TaylorBreanne PLATINUM, Sandston, Virginia
TaylorBreanne PLATINUM, Sandston, Virginia

"I write to escape reality. I write to be free. I write because I can lie or tell the truth. I write because I love it. I write because...that's the real me. I am a writer..." -TaylorBreanne

I miss you when something really good happens,
Because you’re the one I want to share it with,

I miss you when something is troubling me,
Because you’re the one who understands me so well,

I miss you when I laugh and cry,
Because I know you’re the one who makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear,

I miss you all the time,
But I miss you the most when I lie awake at night,
And think of all the wonderful times we spent with each other,

Because those were some of the most memorable times of my life.

Thank You Soooo Much!

Tremendous said...
that just.. wow. seemed to reach out and tug violently at my heartstrings. I'm so sorry if you wrote this because you truly felt it. this is incredible.

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

He's right, this is a very relatable poem. One of the marks of good literature is that it pulls it reader in by giving it many avenues through which a person can relate, or make even make the unusual and unheard easy to imagine. You did a great job of telling how you felt without making it too 'exclusivly yours'. Five stars!

Awh, Thanks! I'll think about it

freeflow23 GOLD, Durham, North Carolina

Saul saw Goliath as too big to kill. David saw he was too big to miss.
W.W.J.D.

Vey relatable. You should tell people about your writing. You're really good at it.

Awh, thanks! I definatly will later today!

BluBliss GOLD said...
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

This is pretty much everything that makes up the relationship between friends and family and all that. I love it. I actually want to read more of your work. I think you should publish these things, a collection of poems. To share them with a wider audience.