Hey Dad | Teen Ink

Hey Dad

By LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

♥ I've made mistakes in my life. i've let people take advantage of me, and i accepted way less than i deserve. But, i've learned from my bad choices, and even though there are some things i can never get back and people who will never be sorry. i'll know better next time and i wont settle for anything less than i deserve. ♥

Dad, why do you drink?
Do you ever just stop and think?

Alcohol has stained our lives.
No one knows the pain we feel inside.

All the nights we've cried wishing she would come back.

Dad, i understand the stress, but why do you abuse us? It's not our fault she left.

It's yours dad. She didn't want to keep cleaning up your mess.

FACE THE FACTS DAD!

Your the one who ran her off, you will be the one to pay the tax, but dad relax.

Why do you even try?
Maybe, one day i will give you a black eye like you did me.

Then, you would feel the pain.
You would walk in shame.

I just can't wait.
Maybe, one day you will be the bait.

Dad, Keep abusing us.
Keep ruining our lives because that day will come and you will have to face all the lies.

Finally, realize dad
LOVE DIES.

Forged By Fire
by: Sharon Drapier

LaceeJade GOLD said...
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

Thank you for the comment:)

on Apr. 19 2012 at 7:52 am
hippiechick99 GOLD, Mesquite, Texas

"... How dreary to be somebody-- How public like a frog;
To tell one's name; the livelong June-- To an admiring bog"
-Emily Dickinson

I love this poem. I got a little choked up at the end. The thought of this happening to anyone is incredibly sad... I'm here for you if you ever just want to talk.

LaceeJade GOLD said...
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

Agreeed! everyone has baggage. Always be there for them when they wanna let some of it loose.

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I think we've all had situations like this in life before, not always with alcoholism but with other difficult problems with loved ones. Be sure to embrace your friends and loved ones and know that you'll always have people you can turn to for help. :)