HELP ME! | Teen Ink

HELP ME!

September 9, 2011
By MichelleAmanda DIAMOND, Miamisburg, Ohio
MichelleAmanda DIAMOND, Miamisburg, Ohio
55 articles 6 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is just vinalla ice cream without the sprinkles that are creative people.


Oh mister please! Please! Use Trepanning on ME! I Plead! I Plead! Do not hold back your strength sir! I PLEAD WITH YOU! Help me releases the spirits of evil in my head!

Oh Please Hermocrates! Come Here to me! PLEASE! PLEASE! Come and let my blood for me! Tell me of which humor I have too much of!
Oh Please! PLEASE! Bring out the chart of phrenology! I BEG YOU TO! PLEASE! PLEASE! Feel the bumps on my head to see what is wrong with me! PLEASE!
Oh PLEASE DEAR DOCTOR! Help me! Bring the icepick to my brain through my eye! PLEASE! PLEASE HURRY! Fix what isn’t right up there!
OH PLEASE! PLEASE! MOTHER DO NOT CRY FOR ME! I WILL GET BETTER YOU SEE! AS TIME GOES ON, YOU’LL SEE! THINGS WILL CHANGE FOR ME!
Oh Please Dr. Freud! Let me lie on your couch a while! Please! Please listen to me! Tell me what I do subconsciously!
OH PLEASE MR. Ellis! Come and yell at me! PLEASE! PLEASE! Tell me everything that is wrong with me! Tell me to think logically!
OH PLEASE! You sir, Mr. Skinner! Tell me about how I’m a rat in a cage! Reward me when I behave!
OH PLEASE MR. ROGERS! HELP ME! Tell me that you still like me! Tell me that I can still do great things!
OH PLEASE! You there, Mr. Bandura! I need you to convince me! Say everything is happening because of the people around me!
OH PLREASE DOCTOR! COME AND HELP ME! Take some test then dual out some meds! Whatever will stop what goes on in my head!
OH PLEASE! PLEASE! MOTHER DO NOT CRY FOR ME! I WILL GET BETTER YOU SEE! AS TIME GOES ON, YOU’LL SEE! THINGS WILL CHANGE FOR ME!

The author's comments:
This includes a summary of pychologoy all the way from trepanning to biopsychology. Thoguh we have come far from the days when the treatment of mental illness was to hit a hole in people's heads with rock, we still have much to learn about mental illness.