Goodbye my Love | Teen Ink

Goodbye my Love

By Gleek4ever GOLD, Hometown, Illinois
Gleek4ever GOLD, Hometown, Illinois

"If its one thing I learned in life its, Life's a climb but the view is great!" -Miley Cyrus

When I first set eyes on you, I thought you were Mr. Right. But then I got to know you more, and you turned out to be a total jerk!

I don't know how or why I fell head over heels for you. Maybe it was your looks, or maybe it was just cause you were really nice to me. But in the inside I love you, I always and always will. Even though you told me lies and I fell for everything you told me.

I've moved on, moved away from all the memories I have from you. After all we shared, goodbye my love, perhaps fate will bring us back together.

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

I found this poem really good. I can relate to this poem. I've had countless of friends who this poem speaks about. How they picked a guy who was nice to them just to get stuff. So, great poem. Suggestion: format was a tad bit off. Or maybe its just me. Great job

Gleek4ever GOLD, Hometown, Illinois

i wasnt thinking at the time. hahaha.  but yea. it is an emotional poem

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is a very emotional poem and I know it's free verse but it should have been put in stanzas, not sentences.  Other than that, it was good!

And if you want to put author notes, do it when you submit the work instead of commenting later.

Gleek4ever GOLD, Hometown, Illinois

When I write these poems, I have a specific reason in writing them. This one has many reasons in it. See if you can see what my reasons are.