Falling Fortress.. | Teen Ink

Falling Fortress..

May 5, 2011
By blondi201 BRONZE, Leesburg, Florida
blondi201 BRONZE, Leesburg, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words.


Just when I thought my life was perfect, My walls came crashing down around me... Times when I want to cry until my tears no longer exist... My heart is fractured, my mind worn from all the beating. Why can't I escape??? Why can't we ALL escape??? A hiding place from the turmoil that engulfs our corrupt world. Life is nothing but a ticking clock, from start to finish; We have no time to waste... Yet I am sitting here, feeling hollow and empty. All I've known my entire life has turned out to be nothing but lies. Where is my shoulder to cry on? There are shoulders everywhere. But even the best of shoulders can't comfort me. I'm a downward spiral, ready to crash and burn. Everything means nothing. When I thought my life was perfect, the walls of my fortress came falling down... And here I sit amongst the rubble, nothing but a part of the ruins.. To be forever lost.


The author's comments:
A lot of difficult things have been happening in my life.