Limited Chains | Teen Ink

Limited Chains

By StreetKat SILVER, Hamlin, New York
StreetKat SILVER, Hamlin, New York

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Every word said in a limited time, tells me everything I need to know about you. You try to test your limits by any means possible, but you cannot escape the chains that bound you to a life you want to forget. The more you destroy them, the more you remember. How much can you test before the walls collapse and trap you in memories for the rest of your life. Take my hand, as I lift you from the ground. You’re shattered in pieces, the chain looks untouched. The key to freedom around your neck but you won’t take the time to let it free. You’re shattered, shaken up and alone. No time left for suffering, only wanting to be freed. I take your hands and stop the shaking. Looking up with pleading eyes. I take the key from around your neck, as you reach for mine. “Everything will be fine,” you promise me. Every word said in a limited time, tells me another reason to love you.