I'm Sorry | Teen Ink

I'm Sorry

By joyfuldancer SILVER, Easton, Maryland
joyfuldancer SILVER, Easton, Maryland

I'm not a perfect person, I'm a forgiven person.

My heart now bleeds profusely over what I've done to you. How I wish it was me who had been cheated rather than the one that my very spirit treasures most! Oh that it would've been me! If I could go back in time and change just one thing; I would erase this act of unfaithfulness. I don't deserve you, your forgiveness or your love. My life was miserable during our time apart. And though I am happy now that I have you back, my heart still throbs, for I know you no longer trust me and you question my love for you. If there is any way that I can make your trust and faith in me grow to be as strong as it once was, or, if I may be so bold as to hope for such a wonderful thing; perhaps even stronger, please tell me and I will do whatever it is in the blink of an eye! Even now as I write this, tears well up in my eyes at the thought of the pain I've caused you. It hurts me when you're in pain, but to know that I am the one who caused your pain is truely torture! If I could remove the pain that I've caused you from your heart, mind, soul and spirit and take it upon myself, I would do it. I promise that I shall stay true to you from this moment forward! I would rather die than to be unfaithful to you again. Take my love and heart, they are both yours to have and to keep...but only if you want them.

This is something I wrote as an appology to the man I love after I was unfaithful to him.