The Greatest Love of All | Teen Ink

The Greatest Love of All

By joyfuldancer SILVER, Easton, Maryland
joyfuldancer SILVER, Easton, Maryland

I'm not a perfect person, I'm a forgiven person.

The greatest love of all is not what most might think. Love is not a feeling, for feeling come and go. Love isn't fireworks, nor the leaping of one's soul within them when they see their lover. But rather love is a great, grand and noble choice to be by one's side to the death; through fire and flood, trial and tribulation, no matter what, forever and ever. Yes, the greatest trials will make love grow ever-stronger, but only if you do not run when they arise. Even so, the greatest trials in love are not in fire, nor wind, nor flood, nor tremor; but when the fireworks have dimmed and the butterflies have dulled, yet you choose to stand by your other half regardless...This is truly the greatest love of all.

This is something that everyone who wishes to have a successful intimate, romantic relationship must understand. The fireworks and butterflies may dim or completely go away...or they may get stronger and stay stronger, you just never know! But if they do dim or leave, that's when you really fall in love, when you feel like giving up and looking for something more exciting and thrilling in a relationship and yet we decide to stay and fix things and make them work. That's the secret to all lasting and genuinely loving relationships/marriages.

on Jun. 15 2011 at 2:15 am
joyfuldancer SILVER, Easton, Maryland

Thank you so much for ur feedback!  I will definately be posting some more of these types of poems on here soon.  I hope u'll check out more of my work soon and mention my work to some friends:)  God Bless

LilBoo BRONZE said...
LilBoo BRONZE, Martinsville, New Jersey
my favorite part is when you talk bout how love is not a feeling, because feelings can come and go. when you love someone i believe it is a feeling, but when you are in love with someone i believe then it becomes a choice