Bellum Divide | Teen Ink

Bellum Divide

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

Bela, my Bela,
we’re cracking and breaking,
dwelling and dwelling
on this as we’re shaking
in shivering cold,
and you claim that you’re taking
your leave, but you’re breaking my heart.

We’re falling. We’re falling.
We’re failing and helpless
and struggling and struggling,
you look at our hapless
and pitiful state,
and you claim that we’re hopeless,
but I’m helpless to do but hope.

And Bela, my Bela,
Your beautiful silence
Is belling and belling
In echoing cadence
And shattering glass
In my heart and conf?dence,
but silence is all we can hear.

We’ve differed and differed
and damaged all this,
and suffered and suffered
and feared it amiss,
and longing to stand
in the raging of change,
this is our Bellum Divide.

So... I'm back. with a vengeance. I don't mean to be rude to the site, but they've been rather rude to me. =/ I had a lot of glitches on my account, and things just weren't working right. things I posted would disappear and reappear, I couldn't log in for the longest of time unless I replied to someone's comment, my ratings went skyhigh, because everyone's vote of whatever stars counted for like five votes, or some other random number, and sometimes the ratings just dropped. I think someone maybe hacked my account and messed with it somehow, because I haven't heard anyone else have these problems. TeenInk listened and helped me for a little while, but after awhile they just ignored me. The site I'd really gotten to like had been ABSOLUTELY USELESS and swept me under a rug. I was irritated, to say the least.

But here I am, 19, and soon unable to call myself a "teen" anymore. It's been a year at least since I've posted anything here, and I've made a lot, written a lot, learned a lot. So I'll satisfy myself with the fact that they must have fixed something, because I logged in today without jumping through hoops, and post everything I've done over the past couple years that wasn't posted before. For anyone who had been watching for me to post,I'm sorry to keep you waiting.

Oh, and my writing's improved, I think. The aviary is one of the only poems previously posted here that I can really be proud of... but now I have a few more. So comment away, and let me know what I've missed this past year!

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

Not as good, hmm? :3 It's one of my favorites. Though, I suppose it might be due to it having more personal meaning to me.

CarolynQ GOLD said...
CarolynQ GOLD, Manalapan, New Jersey
Different, not one of my favorites but still good :) You spark something in my interest still !!!