Mother Nature's Fury | Teen Ink

Mother Nature's Fury

By WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio
WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~Mahatma Gandhi

I write this as I watch the storm.
A blizzard if you will, although I enjoy it.
The ice encompasses the trees.
Melting away, it drips from each branch.

The storm rages on...

I hear the cries of the whipping winds.
Mother Nature's screams of anguish flood my ears.
As the snow falls from the sky, it begins to devour the land I once knew.

The storm rages on...

As if attempting to be malicious, limbs of the trees began to fall.
Her power seems to be immeasurable.
But her destruction is done with a sense of elegance.
It is as if, it is her own personal form of art.

The storm begins to calm...

As her devastation lessens, beauty emerges.
The snow gleams bright with the reflection of the sun.
Almost blinding, but breathtaking nevertheless.
It seems to me that in the end, love has come from her fury...
A true mysterious ending to such simple horror...

The storm ends...

WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

definitley! :D sorryyy its been a while since ive been on.

read my newest poem, my healthy obsession (:

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

"if you see a bunch of guys standing around talking italian just go up to them and start talking fake italian because they might not understand exactly what you're saying but at least everyone will get a warm italian feeling"

that's the problem :/ i have this bad habit of assuming people are single just because i am, which isn't really good because im a little flirty sometimes and i don't want to get in a bad situation because of it....friends??

WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

baaha. nahh i understood :D

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

teenink needs a delete comment button for if you decided you want to not say what sounded good a few minutes ago...

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

is there something wrong with you if talking to someone you don't really know makes you smile?

WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

no worrys (:

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

that was spazzy...sorry

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

finals are great, aren't they? we're on a modified year-round schedule so we finished in May...don't worry about it, you seemed pretty prompt so i imagined something was keeping you. it's good that you study for finals. i have a hard time studying for anything...you should add me on facebook (Kd Zizzo) I tried to find you but there were a million people with your name. By the way, you shouldn't post your work on facebook. I don't know if you do or not, but when you post anything you relinquish your rights to it to facebook. just fyi :)

WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

sorry that i havent been on in a while to reply. i have had work and finals =/

yes i do facebookk (:

on Jun. 3 2011 at 9:29 am
phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

aww thanks:) you too, i think

I have to admit, it wasn't strictly my idea. Mark Twain wrote an autobiography but he made a provision in his will that it could not be published until a hundred years after he died because if he wasn't still an important literary figure at that point, his autobiography wouldn't be worth reading.

do you facebook?

on Jun. 3 2011 at 9:10 am
WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

ahahah :D otay (:

good idea about the publishing.

you are a good person sponge(:

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

wow...i just figured out that why not? was an article you liked, not something you wrote that other people liked...sorry for the confusion - normally im the one confusing other people instead of the one being confused...hopefully i'll get all that out before going back to school

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

lol, good luck writing after you die...you should write a bunch of extra pieces and set publishing dates on them that are after you die, that way, even if they were written prior to your demise it will look like you're still producing works for years after the world mourns your passing...then you can sit on your big fluffy cloud and laugh at all the idiot ghost stories that circulate

WeAllBurn PLATINUM, Vermilion, Ohio

thank you so much <3! i will never stop writing, not until i die(: even then i may not stop

phillipkakezzz, Vail, Arizona

i read another piece of work where you commented asking for someone to critique your work...i read everything you have. obviously, why not? was really good because it was published in the magazine. your poetry has some really good elements and you seem to have a solid understanding of what you're trying to do but maybe you just don't know how to give it that glossy perfection that sets the truly renowned poets apart? there's nothing particularly wrong with your work that i can pinpoint to help you, but a little experimentation and some practice should help smooth it out. keep writing though, i think you have a lot of potential.