Locked Inside | Teen Ink

Locked Inside

October 4, 2010
By LexiMorgan SILVER, Peoria, Arizona
LexiMorgan SILVER, Peoria, Arizona
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
—William Arthur Ward


I fear my heart and soul inside, will soon shrivel and die.
You put me through so much pain, my eyes can’t see past the heartening strain.
I feel so alone both day and night, I don’t feel the need to have a want to survive.
My body trembles; my mind shakes.
I can’t take this horror, can’t go on another day.
My willpower’s almost completely gone, but this struggle keeps wearing on.
The blood of my hands cover the walls, as I try to escape even after it all.
I’m trapped inside my dying heart and I know I must leave, but we can’t part.
The chains that bind me to be this way, no matter how hard I try are just impossible to break.
The cracks that occupy all my walls grow and widen until they’re ready to be gone.
I feel so trapped trying to work through my troubled mind, and I know there’s no way to put all this behind.
You left me here, crumbling and small, when you had once left me feeling complete and tall.
I’m sinking down in my heartache as I try to hide.
Everything’s gone and shattering down deep in my tumbling mind.
An earthquake of thoughts, destroying my life.
It’s a useless effort and my own dreams can’t keep up with all these lies.
That I’m okay, when it’s all tumbling in and nothing can ever be real again.
There’s not much more that I can take, and I don’t think my life was mine to make.
So with this I say my last goodbye because with you I don’t want to survive.
I need to take myself away because you and I both know I can’t live this way.


The author's comments:
The way boys can make you feel.