Eurydice | Teen Ink

Eurydice

By Hope-in-life PLATINUM, Hutto, Texas
Hope-in-life PLATINUM, Hutto, Texas

"too many of us stay walled up because we are afraid of being hurt.we are afraid to care too much for fear that the other person doesn't care at all "

A familiar smell lingers on my skin, embedded in my memories as a blanket of comfort.
I felt your skin on my hands and my heart lept. You press me close to you and hold me for dear life. The feeling of strong hands resting gently on my waist as you pull our bodies together and our lips meet
My arms around you, my face tucked in your neck, our conversation dances back and forth.
You smile and I laugh, nothing means everything.
I am standing on stage, the people have left, and you hover behind to wait for me as I say this silent monologue.
You are my comfort, you always have been in the days when we existed, and then I left, and ran and pushed all my love away. I fell into the arms of another and am resting in them to this day. However I cannot help to acknowledge my body next yours held so close even behind closed doors.
The picture means nothing to the world they see two close friends and nothing more
Raging war, my world to be destroyed
You turn your back and close the door
I am left on stage wishing for an answer
He comes to me then and takes my hand he claims me until the end
But my heart waits center stage for my fair Orpheus to come sweep me away

Eurydice : "this is what it is to love an artist the moon is always rising above your house. the houses of your neighbors look dull and lacking in the moon light but he is always going away from you. Inside his head there is always something more beautiful.
Orpheus said the mind is like a slide ruler it can fit around anything ...words can mean anything"