My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

By laura15 PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee
laura15 PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

His eyes are bluer than the bluest sea. The sky has nothing on his eyes. Electric blue isn't a good enough description -- there are no words.
His smile is happier than drug addicts on their highs. It can make a persons soul tingle to the deepest depths with just a little flash.
His laugh is magical, his sense of humor like a comedian's.
His muscles are strong,his body is flexible.
He's such a nerd and doesn't care.
He's my best friend, my true love, my soul mate. And I'd never give him up for anything, and he has no clue.

laura15 PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

Wow. Thanks. No one ever really compliments my work, so I just stopped writing, stopped caring. I'm working on some more, one you might like. I should be posting it pretty soon, if I can find it. But thanks for actually paying attention to my work (: Means a lot.

-Laura

Hi, I've really enjoyed looking through your poetry and I've found that this piece is my favorite. I like your earlier poetry, three poems in particular. Laura made me fall in love with you in a way. It was adorable the way you put yourself out there, but it made me realize that I wasn't alone in feeling weird and out of place. It even made me laugh with how on the mark you were.

The second one I liked was called Colors of the Wind, you didn't categorize it as poetry, but I thought it flowed like poetry. It really embodied the phrase 'free verse' to me. Plus it was at once kind of cliche, but it was the good cliche. Just like good old fashioned romance, you know? It just left me with a feel good kind of vibe that I didn't want to leave.

And then this piece... I don't know what it is exactly about it... okay that's a lie. You're happier in this piece than all of the others. It's not the eventual line: "he has no clue" that defines this piece, but the electric blue eyes and amazing smile. I loved your imagery a lot and I'm happy I randomly clicked on your name to see what you've written. I think you have real talent. Don't be afraid to write big, or dream big for that matter.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your work. I hope you're doing well.

Roscoe

katnip SILVER said...
katnip SILVER, Eureka, California

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.

love it .ditto  for both

Ducttape.isnt.tear.proof GOLD, Eureka, California

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."
— Marilyn Monroe
"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."
— Marilyn Monroe
"Who said nights were for sleep?"
— Marilyn Monroe
"Sex is part of nature. I go along with nature."
— Marilyn Monroe

i love this alot

fearlesslybeyourselff SILVER, Solon, Ohio

There is only one you for all of time. Fearlessly be yourself.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE POEM I HAVE READ THUS FAR! this relates to my life and situation perfectly. thank you for putting it in writing.