Why Can't WE Be? | Teen Ink

Why Can't WE Be?

September 9, 2010
By Claire_Milan PLATINUM, Waldorf, Maryland
Claire_Milan PLATINUM, Waldorf, Maryland
29 articles 1 photo 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love that we cannot have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest because True Love cannot be found where it truly doesn't exist nor can it be hidden where it truly does."---A wise young man


I know I matter. I know you care. Sometimes this mind I have plays against me though. There's always that one person who makes you rethink your motives, your words, your actions, your thoughts. It's complicated because.....*sigh*

Well you know how it goes. We love on. We love off. We stay on. We break off. But then you're right back with me. I don't understand you. ....And maybe that's because you don't understand me.

Why can't we just get along? I remember. I remember all you used to say. And you said you cared! You said you loved me! You said you wouldn't hurt me! You SAID you wouldn't leave me...

So much for promises and dreams....

And I still care. I admit it; I still think about you. I still miss you. I still love you...

You were mine, for a moment. And I was yours, while it lasted. No more? Come back, please??


The author's comments:
Have you ever felt like you play both characters in a two-person scene?? You just wish your partner would contribute to this game they call Life...

No copying, re-writing, distributing or printing is allowed without the author's express permission.