The lie I kept telling me | Teen Ink

The lie I kept telling me

August 13, 2010
By CreativeModelSould ELITE, Punta Gorda, Florida
CreativeModelSould ELITE, Punta Gorda, Florida
102 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."


So bruised, so broken I need to hide every little hurt I feel inside.
I told myself it wouldn't happen again. That he was no longer a foe, but a forgotten friend.
Now I feel so stupid, I wish I hadn't tried to ignore, because instead of the problem breaking down my walls, I just opened the door.
I feel each one of your little emotional kicks as you wreck the heart that took so long to fix.
But I was the one who used tape instead of glue.
I hoped and dreamed you would come through.
Instead,again, you drop-kicked me.
Opening my eyes to what I wish I didn't have to see, the monster inside you coming out once more.
My heart shatters again as I push you out and slam my door.

The author's comments:
I want you to take whatever your opinion of this (and everything else I write) is and mold that for yourself. I want it to touch you in your own way as you find the meaning within yourself. This was obviously inspired by life and I have been healed from this by God almighty.