How to be a Jerk: For Dummies | Teen Ink

How to be a Jerk: For Dummies

June 3, 2010
By clairexaudrey PLATINUM, Bethel, Connecticut
clairexaudrey PLATINUM, Bethel, Connecticut
41 articles 3 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
-Elizabeth Kubler Ross


He Said:
It is possible for someone to know more about you than yourself. Hence the whole concept behind criticism - you correct people on what they think they know or what they don't know. Someone thinks they're doing something right, and they know for sure they're doing it right - Until the crowd laughs them off the stage.
People can know stuff about you that you yourself think is right
That you know for sure you are
But you're not.
So yes.
I can know things about you
That you yourself don't know yet.


So I Said:
The fact that I waited my whole life to win a poetry contest because that's the only thing I’m good at and that check is the only thing I can prove to my parents that I’m not worthless...is that pathetic?
Because everyone else says it is
And obviously everyone else knows more than I do
But going to that award ceremony and hearing 5 old people and a couple teenagers and parents hear me...having people tell me how beautiful my poem was. Having that 5minutes of pretend-fame. That was the best day of my life.
And you’ll never know that. Because you don’t care.

[H] Do you want to scream at me?

Yes.

[H] If so, then please do.

Nah. It’s not the same on aim.

[H] You sure as don't need my permission either.

[H] Go ahead.

[H] Caps.

[H] Exclamation marks.

[H] Scream.

[H] Let me have it.

No really. I don't feel like saying everything. Honestly I’m tired of telling you.

[H] Show me how much of an ignorant stupid little jerk I am.

You don’t care.

You never will.

[H] Scream at me.

No.

All I really wanna do is like punch you in the face.

[H] Do you want me to drive over right now?

[H] 'Cause I will.

[H] And I’ll stand

[H] And let you punch me.
What I find as funny...is how sarcastic you are in everything you say. You don't care that I would love to push you in front of a car...how do you have friends.

[H] Do you consider us still friends?

Haha do you?

[H] I asked you first.

Not really.

[H] Then I have nothing else to say.


The author's comments:
The [H] means it's the boy talking.