Moonlight Stroll | Teen Ink

Moonlight Stroll

By Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I'm walking on the smooth sand of the beach.
The air around me is misty and mysterious.
The smell on spring dawns on me.
The sky is a very light shade of blue and gets darker, turning into purple then red as a rainbow of colors forms on the horizon,
Setting the tone for the beautiful sunset.
Appearing in sight is the moon glimmering down on the ocean as it ripples and soothes me
with it's sweet and relaxing song of water.
I sit and look up at the night sky
Gazing at the magnificent stars.
The sky is like a painting ,so beautiful.
This is a perfect time to take a walk on the beach.
This I call my moonlight stroll.

I live by the beach and one day when I was walking on the beach I saw a beautiful sunset, and I felt that this sunset was different than most other sunsets. I felt cold, but mysterious. I really wanted to write a poem about it, so I did. Also if you haven't noticed by now then I think you should know that I usually write in first person as if I was the main character and I write mysteriously. I like to think that not everything is what it seems, but that there is always something more to everything. Maybe something deep,emotional, or just something unexpected.

Thanks! I've lived in California for most of my life and the beach is one of my favorite places. Sometime I will also take some pictures of the water at the beach and submit them to Teenink too.

krissy775 SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina

"everything happens for a reason"

wow! this is really well written and discriptive! i also love the beach and sunsets and moonligh walks, i was born in florida- so this poem kinda hits home for me! great job!