Best Boudreau | Teen Ink

Best Boudreau

May 31, 2024
By okey24 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
okey24 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Nicole Boudreau is the definition of dignified. She holds herself to the utmost standards in school, at home, in sports, and in moral situations. 


Nicole is practical, and she thinks logically. She is great at intellectual tasks. If she gets a cognitively challenging assignment, she will be able to preserve, critically think, and comprehend the complex things that are thrown at her. I wouldn’t say she loves math, but she is an ideal student and an expert when it comes to AP calculus. Not only will she ask questions frequently, but she is determined to understand and apply her learning–no matter the cost.


She is devoted to her family, especially her mom. Nicole treats her mom like a best friend. They talk about anything. Everything. Nicole accepts the ill-natured, hard truth. Her mom was diagnosed with cancer a few years prior, and Nicole has supported her family through her entire process, including being there for her mom, whenever she might need it. She and her brother have a sibling rivalry, and even though they might decisively disagree, Nicole admits she is not the perfect sister. Nonetheless, she will be supportive of her brother and give him her honest, practical advice about school, life, and whatever is thrown at him. 


I remember this past December when I got my wisdom teeth out. She drove 45 minutes out of her way on Christmas Eve to surprise me with Tropical Smoothie. (It was the only thing I could eat). Saying she is thoughtful is an understatement. She doesn’t just help others, but she is individualistic and can stand up for herself without fail. Recently, she had to quit volleyball for her sake. I knew her passion for volleyball was unmatched… She was a leader and tried to keep everyone accountable; she could not deal with the environment her teammates and her coach created. She took the initiative to stand up for herself, call the coach out, and leave the sport without causing drama. In doing so, she exercised her moral compass and strengthened her decision-making skills for her future.


Speaking of the future, she is attending the University of Minnesota Twin Cities for mechanical engineering. Not only is she going to one of the best public universities, she is pursuing one of the hardest majors. 


I am beyond excited for her to show the world what she is capable of and I am appreciative of how hardworking she is and the steps she is taking to make society a better place. Even though we are going to different colleges and heading down different paths, I’m proud to call her my best friend.


The author's comments:

This is dedicated to My best friend, Nicole.