A Late Summer Breeze | Teen Ink

A Late Summer Breeze

May 8, 2024
By Anonymous

After Ararcelis Girmay

 

Here is the cool breeze whipping around your soft tan skin. 

Your beautiful hair flowing so majestically,

There is no other better feeling than the snug summer air and a beautiful view,

Looking back in the rearview mirror admiring the sight behind me ever so quietly. 


Here is the traffic flowing so smooth, in every direction you look in.


Here lies the music blasting and the roof open.


Here is the taste of summer lying right beneath your eyes.

Shaking and trembling the car is, but no care in the world can't stop it. 

Singing along like there's no tomorrow, riding along the trees that the sun follows. 


Here is a yellow sunset so faint in the distance but yet so bright, 

Going down second by second, feeling saddened by its sleeping method.

The night is near and the moon shines so bright there's no need for an extra light.

Owls calling in the distance loud and clear, the music turns down and nature is all you can hear.

No more warmth of the sun but not to fear because the sun will be near. 


Here is the cool breeze whipping around your soft tan skin. 


The author's comments:

This piece is very personal to me and what summer means to me. When I wrote it I made sure to include details that will make it feel like you can easily picture it while reading.