The Tree Outside | Teen Ink

The Tree Outside

November 2, 2023
By Big_Monke BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Big_Monke BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The old oak tree stood tall and proud, its gnarled branches reaching out to the sky like weathered arms. Its trunk was thick and sturdy, its bark a deep brown, etched with the stories of the years. The tree had seen it all. It had seen the world change around it, but it had remained steadfast, a silent sentinel. On this particular day, the old oak tree stood bathed in the golden light of the setting sun. Its leaves, a brilliant green in the spring and summer, had now turned to a fiery red and orange. The leaves danced in the breeze, creating a kaleidoscope of color. A gentle breeze blew, carrying with it the scent of pine needles and wildflowers. The air was crisp and clean, and the sky was a clear blue, dotted with fluffy white clouds. The old oak tree stood tall and proud, a symbol of strength and endurance. It was a reminder that even in the midst of change, there is always something constant.


The author's comments:

For this set piece, I tried to use imagery. I based it off of “The Tree Outside” quick write. Imagery is when you add lots of description. One part where I used imagery is when I talk about the different colors of the tree.