The Tree Outside | Teen Ink

The Tree Outside

By Big_Monke BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Big_Monke BRONZE, Cupertino, California

The old oak tree stood tall and proud, its gnarled branches reaching out to the sky like weathered arms. Its trunk was thick and sturdy, its bark a deep brown, etched with the stories of the years. The tree had seen it all. It had seen the world change around it, but it had remained steadfast, a silent sentinel. On this particular day, the old oak tree stood bathed in the golden light of the setting sun. Its leaves, a brilliant green in the spring and summer, had now turned to a fiery red and orange. The leaves danced in the breeze, creating a kaleidoscope of color. A gentle breeze blew, carrying with it the scent of pine needles and wildflowers. The air was crisp and clean, and the sky was a clear blue, dotted with fluffy white clouds. The old oak tree stood tall and proud, a symbol of strength and endurance. It was a reminder that even in the midst of change, there is always something constant.

For this set piece, I tried to use imagery. I based it off of “The Tree Outside” quick write. Imagery is when you add lots of description. One part where I used imagery is when I talk about the different colors of the tree.