I Will Remember | Teen Ink

I Will Remember

By WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky
WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works." Virginia Wolf

Are you leaving?
Okay,
I am sad,
But I won’t say.
All who I love,
Walk away,
It’s just my life,
A life full of pain.
Love me,
Hate me,
I don’t care.
Why?
Because all who leave,
Know that,
I will be here waiting.

This is the pain that I feel everyday as more people walk in and out of my life because my loyalty, my emotional heart, can't handle it.

on Apr. 18 2022 at 8:43 am
WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

Thanks! Sorry I've have not been responding, busy these days.

Kaylabiggica GOLD, Greenlawn, New York

"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end."- Sylvia Plath

I love this poem so much!! You did an amazing job in writing it and I felt everything you wrote!

Kingpoet2806 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Her heart was an open book with beautiful pages and detailed lettering. She wanted people to read her story in hopes that it would make them write their own. Instead, every person who came across the pages of her heart ripped out their favorite story and took it with them. They folded back pages and bent up corners. They signed their name with sloppy writing and with a simple 'goodbye'. This book is now tucked away in the darkest parts of her, because no one wants to read a tragic story with a bad ending.

Wow. this is deep. abandonment is hard, especially when you have poured yourself into someone. write on <3