Shards | Teen Ink

Shards

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Shattered like glass
with stone and bricks
burning them like
candle wicks
Hit so hard
that no more tears
shall ever fall 
from me my dears
Now I've lost all the pieces
and my words lose their thesis
so while I pick up all my parts
ill be shattered with broken hearts

I couldnt sleep one night till i put my thoughts on paper, I hope you all enjoy this short poem. Thank you Afra for encouraging me to continue writing.

Kingpoet2806 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Her heart was an open book with beautiful pages and detailed lettering. She wanted people to read her story in hopes that it would make them write their own. Instead, every person who came across the pages of her heart ripped out their favorite story and took it with them. They folded back pages and bent up corners. They signed their name with sloppy writing and with a simple 'goodbye'. This book is now tucked away in the darkest parts of her, because no one wants to read a tragic story with a bad ending.

Wow. Just wow. your words are so simple yet so powerful. no need to dress them with falsities and dramatics and lies. pure emotion and so relatable. <3 amazing @TheRareBreed.

CaliFranceGurl648 GOLD, San Diego, California

“I am a California girl, born and raised, so flip-flops and cutoff shorts are my go-to look."

– Meghan Markle

Tiny things are powerful. Just like ants. Just like this.

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

I'm so glad that you submitted this piece to TeenInk...It has found its perfect spot...Your words might be small but they are powerful...
Write more and keep on filling us readers with Ecstasy!!!★★★