What is joy? | Teen Ink

What is joy?

My interpretation of happiness,

Wrong from the start,

My attempts at joy are always like,

Arrows to my heart.

Why do I feel so scared?

I'm sad and don't know what to do,

I'm looking for someone to love,

But I don't know who.

I wish it was just simple,

That I could just follow a map,

Because to find who I want,

Is more than a few laps.

Forever searching,

It's killing me please, 

Any chance for this to end,

Any chance I'll seize.

Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other

There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. —Rachel Carson

@SparrowSun are you ok? That comment seems pretty sad. I know this is coming from the person who wrote this poem, but I don't really feel that sort of stuff you just described. Anything I can do to help? (I doubt it but I'll still ask). I don't have a curse, (not that I'm aware of anyway) and it seems pretty dark to think you do.....

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

i write some dark poetry that i don't know where it comes from.
tho right now some of my poems are too real.
do you have a curse? mines someday.(this is just a writing thing explaining what I mean. you don't have to read it)
Dreams are what make us who we are. But mine is a curse. My dream lies in my affliction, in the someday. The someday that consumes me when I a at my lowest, saddest. The someday that lies to me and poisons my thought and pushes me for nothing when I have nothing left.
The someday is what I cling to. It destroys me. I hate it, I love it, I fear it. But ultimitly, theres nothing I can do. I can't rid myself of it. I can't accept it. Maybe if I were to be free of it, I would fade away into nothingness. It's become my identity.
If my dreams are in someday, I hate them. If dreams make us who we are, then I am nothing. I’m a shell. Worst, I guess i've accepted that. I don't believe in the dreams, or hope, or someday. All I can believe is never. But maybe someday...

@CrazyCatLady6, yes I am ok! I am a very happy person who laughs at the slightest things (even things that aren't really funny 🤣) I have great friends and I am enjoying life. The only thing is I might be TOO happy 😂. The only reason I wrote this was because I was bored and didn't know what to do. I noticed that all of the depressed poems seemed to be pretty popular (????) and I thought it would be pretty interesting to try writing a poem from a new perspective, and this is the (awful) result. I hope you weren't worried about me, honestly I am a very happy (and eccentric) person, and I never actually have bad feelings this strong. Thanks for asking though, I was wondering if people would ask, but really I am great! 😄🙃🙃🙃😄

CrazyCatLady6 GOLD, New Radnor, Other

"There would be no shadows if the sun were not shining"

My mum saw this, she wants to know if you are ok? I found this really good, though sad