Animal besties | Teen Ink

Animal besties

By Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other
Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other

There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. —Rachel Carson

He licks me gently on the palm,

And nuzzles up quite close,

Always tranquil and so calm,

Never grumpy or morose.

Forgives me when I lose my cool,

Helps me when I cry,

Always there with his drool,

He'll be there by and by.

I love you so much my friend,

You know I always have and will,

And even at the end,

You know I love you still.

And I'm sad that our time together,

Had to end sooner than it should,

But in my heart you'll be forever,

For our friendship was always good.

This is dedicated for my old dog and all those other animal besties that have been lost to others. ♥️

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works." Virginia Wolf

I had a dog who passed away recently, his name was Winston and my cat Sassy thought I was her kitten. I miss them very much so I know how you must feel. Also, your poetry is amazing! Keep up the good work! Oh and if you like poetry or fiction stories you should look at my account, I've got a ton of co-written and independent stuff.

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Aww, this is so beutiful! I lost my first dog when i was six . She had a mother's insticts, and always took care of me, much like the dog in Disney's Peter Pan. Even though I was young when we lost her, I still cherish my memories with her and miss her furry face.

This reminds me of her

CrazyCatLady6 GOLD, New Radnor, Other

"There would be no shadows if the sun were not shining"

This is so sweet! I recently had to put my gatito down, and this was a real pick- me- up