Cold | Teen Ink

Cold

By WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky
WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works." Virginia Wolf

I'll hold you tight,

Never let go.

When it's time,

Let me know.

I'm not scared,

Of letting go,

But feeling you cold.

I pray you never leave,

But you have to go.

He's calling you us so,

Say hi to grandpa,

Say hi to papa,

Mimi too.

For when you're cold,

Just know I love you.

This poem is more than just another written piece. It tells a story, my story of how I will feel and how everybody feels when you lose a loved one because my grandma is battling a disease and so I wrote a poem about her. This tells us that no matter what we do life will always has some sort of hurdle and somtimes that hurdle is a family members death but when we cross that hurdle you must know that even if they're gone, they are always with you as long as you remember them. I learned that one the hard way.

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

Thanks!

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

Love, because you can’t love your way out of the lunatic asylum, but it makes it more fun to be a lunatic.
--Me

You.are a wonder!

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

This one is for my papa, most of my poems are either for someone (I don't share many of those) or about feelings and thoughts.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

aw thats sweet but sad