One Chance | Teen Ink

One Chance

By kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas

"Be you, because everyone else is already taken." This quote makes me realize that I'm good enough for anything or anyone. A lot of people talk about how we need to learn how to be ourselves, but this quote has a deeper meaning. At least to me, it means more than being comfortable with who you are.

it's been four years, since I first saw you. now I have no fears of the day I'll tell you. tell you how I feel, even though, you'll only say the same thing over and over again. the first time we spoke, it felt like i was free. i could tell you anything, and i told you everything...but in the end, now, it feels like it didn't mean anything to you. like you were using me for the moment. as you said that's in the past, the day you told me no, the day you pushed me away, and now i here but im not sure what to do. im confused because i look at you and then you look back at me...am i just crazy or do you want me even just a little bit?...every day, every class, i catch you...or is it that you catch me?...am i overthinking?...am i reading this the wrong way...i wish you would just tell me why, tell me why you look at me the way you do...because you know it only makes me like you more...and i can't help that, maybe next year things will change...maybe, hopefully...but you said you don't give people chances...but i just want one chance, one chance is all i want, one chance to be with you.