All | Teen Ink

All

By STELLA13 BRONZE, Stone Harbor, New Jersey
STELLA13 BRONZE, Stone Harbor, New Jersey

I often dream of looking at the shadows from afar, I often wonder if they’ll ever come to me.
And if they did I think I’d love to speak with them, but only if someone was with me.

I don’t know about the other ones nearby,
Are they waiting to always make me cry?
Maybe at another time we’ll learn to love them all, but I don’t know if I’ll make it that far.

I often think of going over to the shadow box, but the dark clouds above seem to shake their heads.
But if they didn’t I would maybe go afar from here, but only if someone was by my side.

Are they waiting to always make me cry?

What if they rock the boat?
I don’t know if I could take it.
What if I never leave?
And they will take me.

Maybe at another time we’ll learn to love them all.

Stella is a writer and poet. Her articles have been published in magazines such as "Seshat Literary Journal", "Amazing Kids Magazine", and "Good Life Youth Journal", and her poems have been published in "A Celebration of Poets: A National Anthology", "Adelaide Literary Magazine", and "The Daphne Review." Stella also works for her local paper writing and editing articles, and in 2017 she won the New York City Children's Theater Playwriting Contest.