I love you. | Teen Ink

I love you.

April 11, 2019
By Peripatetic260 BRONZE, Bay City, Texas
Peripatetic260 BRONZE, Bay City, Texas
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
What's the point in being sad, we all die.

-Juuzou Suzuya


I know i've said this before, but i cant handle it anymore. Why did you leave me? Chose some woman over me, your own daughter. I hope you can live with the feeling of being disappointed in yourself. You didn't see what is right in front of you. Didn't care what i was doing, how i was doing, where i was going......and if i ever returned.

I love you even if i don't want to, but it's eating me up inside....nawing at my heart making it deteriorate. I feel as if i am on a roller coaster, instead it's not fun it's terrifying. But i still love you daddy, and i dont want to anymore.

You seemed so happy in those baby pictures. Where did the love go daddy. You have lied to me....so many times. Didn't shed a tear once. Why can't you take it all back? All the "i love you" and the "i'll get you mabck i promise baby"

Oh but daddy, I LOVE YOU! Can't you just try to be in touch? It's been a year dadyy and i haven't seen you once. Daddy....i can't help but say i love you.


The author's comments:

This is a very sensitive poem for me, it is for my dad. He still lives in the same town as me....He just doesnt want to see me and i wrote about how i love him and i dont want to but he is my father. thatnk you for reading this i really appreciate it.

also, THE ARTWORK IS NOT MINE!