Sugar or salt | Teen Ink

Sugar or salt

November 15, 2018
By KennedyRommelfanger SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
KennedyRommelfanger SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
8 articles 1 photo 0 comments

To choose a bowl of sugar or a bowl of salt. To choose the bowl of sugar would be sweet and content, without anger or hate. It would mean small kisses on the cheek once a month and goodnight texts from miles away. It would mean being with him without ever seeing his face and knowing that you are always in the back of his mind at every second throughout the day. But, being that sugar is sweet, it would also mean there is always that chance of a sore forming on the inside of your cheek after you have had enough. To choose a bowl of salt on the other hand would mean to give up all the sweeter things in the world. To deal with the arguments, to stop searching, and to settle on the bitter taste. Although it would leave you feeling less content than the taste of the sugar, you would soon learn crave the taste and the tingling it left on your tongue after you had eaten enough. But if you ever second guessed yourself and decided that salt wasn’t for, you the sting of the white crystals on your taste buds would forever haunt you, reminding you of how you chose the boy you couldn't hurt over the boy you loved.