Sweet Smell of Family | Teen Ink

Sweet Smell of Family

October 2, 2018
By saramarklundd BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
saramarklundd BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I walk into my Grandma’s house and a familiar, pleasurable aroma immediately fills my nostrils.  The sensation is so powerful, so warm it almost knocks me over. My stomach starts to make noises. I slip off my shoes and walk into the kitchen. The smell of apple pie gets stronger the closer I get. I give hugs to my Grandma Kathy,  then proceed to get just one more smell of that apple pie as it comes out of the oven. I feel like a extremely hungry bear in a cartoon when they look at a random object and see a turkey, with the air of deliciousness coming off of it. I go downstairs and take a seat at the bar. I hear my grandma coming down the stairs with the scrumptious apple pie, setting it on the bar. I instantly have heart eyes for it.

She dishes out pieces and she looks at me and says, “By the way you’re looking at this, i’m sure you’d like the first piece.”

I then respond, while still staring at the apple pie, “Yes please!”

 

She hands me the plate, I take the first bite and my taste buds feel like they are at a party. The experience is mouth watering, crunchy, and oh so tasteful. “I think I will have just one more piece.”