In That One Moment | Teen Ink

In That One Moment

March 10, 2015
By Gabbyyirene GOLD, Winter Garden, Florida
Gabbyyirene GOLD, Winter Garden, Florida
18 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
You have every right to a beautiful life- Selena Gomez


You can see the twinkling stars surrounding the luminous moon up in the darkness.
The sky looks so close you imagine your fingers grasping a million of its elements.
The beat of your favorite song is echoing causing you to feel the calmness.
You can feel the rush and for once you feel relevant.

You’re riding passenger seat with a full car.
The windows are down and you shut your dull green eyes for just one moment.
In that one moment for the first time in months, both your body and mind are no longer separate, no longer far.
In that one moment, life, the world, and the universe are no longer your opponents.

You’re driving down an abandoned road with no specific destination.
You’re no longer thinking about where you’re going because you simply don’t care.
You’re no longer thinking about your life changing situation.
It’s all because of that one moment when you’re flying down the road, listening to the radio blast your favorite song, and feeling the wind blowing in your face and your hair.

In that one moment, you’re living with no regrets.
In that one moment, you’re just focused on the present, not the past and not tomorrow.
In that one moment, you’re not waiting for the day everyone forgets.
In that one moment, your heart is at rest and you don’t feel what seems like your everlasting sorrow.

And in that one moment, you’re on top of the world .


The author's comments:

Haven't you ever felt pure freedom?