A Lover's Comfort (Ballad of Undying Love) | Teen Ink

A Lover's Comfort (Ballad of Undying Love)

By PonderousPoet BRONZE, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
PonderousPoet BRONZE, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

I may be as bad as the worst but thank God I am as good as the best.

I care not that we may be miles apart, for even so I loved you at the start.

Shivers run through my corded muscles that are strung too tight as I choose my next move.

We may be young, but we are not free from the judging eyes of society, but I can try to hide them from your view, for if we stay strong I know we can make it through.

You act like I'm a hero like you know deep down I can slay all your demons. Maybe that is why you never leave my side.

For I am the ocean breeze that surrounds you as you wiggle your toes through the sand on the beach. I am the sunlight that permeates your skin to heat your heart with the intensity of our love. I infect the air you breath with my essence, so you will never be without me. I pound out the beat of our hearts in my music.

As the world vibrates to the beat that plays as I kiss you I wonder, if giving you this perfect love is my divine purpose.

When I am away from you am still alive, or do I become a shadow without meaning?

Life has under minded my right to choose my fate, for now as our hands are clasped together; my head burrowed into the hollow of your neck breathing in the smell of your perfume, my lips curve into a smirk as I listen to to the jump in your heart rate.

"Mine" I whisper; "You are all MINE now and forever and you will never escape from my grasp for you had plenty of time to run away now you are mine and I am yours" I say as I go in for a kiss. As the world is forgotten I whisper in a sing song voice.

"I am the ocean breeze that surrounds you as you wiggle your toes through the sand on the beach. I am the sunlight that permeates your skin to heat your heart with the intensity of our love. I infect the air you breath with my essence, so you will never be without me. I pound out the beat of our hearts in my music."

Come close Darlin' my undying love is waiting to comfort you.