Adapting | Teen Ink

Adapting

By faypirate23 DIAMOND, Fayetteville, West Virginia
faypirate23 DIAMOND, Fayetteville, West Virginia

Take the road less traveled by.

That moment. That moment you push me away. The moment you move me, yet I stay. Grounded as I am, I wish I could float away. Breathless, with no words to say. I could write you a million words, each one , meaningless to you , as you have read them once and again. And even if i wrote a million more, they would mean even less than the ones before. Still and silent, yet deep inside my thoughts are violent. I imagine the most beautiful sunset, natures light shining its way through. In it I see nothing, because I don't see you. As the sun decides to die, my soul can only cry. My eyes have yet to show this fragmented pain, this pain I have felt too long. The lyrics to my song. The light before the dawn. The love I had, before it was gone. I cannot predict why the sky begins to rain, I can only guess that it is because I have become mundane, as the raindrops fall down my window pane. I see them racing each other, I suppose everything in life is a game. Take this simple fact, and try not to become vain. Washing away, as the birds soar high, along with the peaceful dove. To some Love is only a verb, yet it needs water to grow, the sun to shine, the graceful tree to stand tall even as the leaves and branches fall. It is the birds melodic call, as it transforms much like an herb taking it all in, adapting through it all.

As you grow, you must learn to adapt; much like in nature.