Life and You | Teen Ink

Life and You

By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

Lost all hope
Though I’ll never forget
With so many memories
Deep inside my head
I’ll miss you forever
And ever without end
And never will
My broken heart ever mend
Like boxes in boxes
And songs within songs
We thought every pain and mistake
Would never lead us wrong
Despite falling deeper
And deeper in pain
I feel that I’m turning more and more insane
It’s alright because I know
Your happy inside
Though sometimes I think
There’s a pain that you hide
Maybe one day
We’ll be normal as friends
But now it’s too late
For us to make amends
I’m sorry, so sorry
I’ll cry everyday
Because I’ll be praying like crazy
That you’ll promise to stay.

I'm so not over him. But it's kind of getting better and better not to think of him, but when I do there's no stopping me and my tears. "It'll be okay. It'll be okay." That's really all that can be said. But with a pencil in hand and a feeling that's not sad all the feelings can melt away from my head.
^didn't mean to rhyme, but it's nice^

Haley_Elizabeth GOLD, Wallingford, Vermont

"Embrace imperfection rather than hide your flaws."

Oh my God. This is beautiful. I first read the description and felt so bad that I wanted to cry, but after I read the poem I was pretty sure I was crying until I looked in the mirror and realized I wasn't. You are my absolute favorite writer. Your the only writer on Teen Ink that I go to everyday to see if you've written anything new. It makes me sad to know that you are in this much pain. I'm so sorry. I've never had a real serious boyfriend. I've always been too afraid that I'll get hurt, this is probably why. Stay strong! I"ll be giving you happy thoughts! And, remember, never stop writing!