Karma Hates Me | Teen Ink

Karma Hates Me

March 7, 2009
By SmileyRiley PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
SmileyRiley PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
30 articles 0 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can be a victor without having victims and you can stand tall without standing on someone"


'I'm going where for summer break?!' I asked completely dumbfounded. 'A horse ranch in Jenkins, Kentucky,' said my mother simply. 'That was supposed to be rhetorical' I snapped.

'Listen Abers,' she said pleadingly. I rolled my eyes at the childish nickname only she called me. 'It will be good for you! The crazy mood shopping sprees, the girl drama you're in the middle of constantly' the new found attitude,' she added. I mumbled something unintelligible even to my own ears. 'I can't take it anymore! It's hard enough being a single mother but your teenage mind-set isn't doing the situation any better! You're a great kid, where did you go?' she had a look on her face that seemed like she was concentrating on something very hard but to me it just look like she was constipated.

'Well it looks like I'm packing my bags for Jenny, Kentucky.' I pursed my lips and turned on my heel, obvious body language that she had definitely not won this fight.

'It's Jenkins.' She said with her eyebrows raised and her facial expression amused. I scowled in her general direction and continued to stampede up the stairs.

'Abigail Rose do you even think your behavior has been acceptable in the past year and a half?' she shouted up the stairs. I unintentionally gave her the silent treatment speaking that I was slamming my door as she was trying to continue yelling at me. She didn't see it as an accident. Suddenly she was banging on my door.

'Give me your phone young lady!' I could tell she was crying. She hated confrontation but when it happened she was a mess. Click. I locked the door. I sat cross legged on my bed. 'Hmmm'' I pretended to contemplate out loud. 'No, I don't think so.' I said nonchalantly. By my tone I could have been answering a question about the weather. Ugh, karma hates me, why else would the world curse me with this woman?!

'I am your mother and I will not be spoken to that way!' she retorted. Let's put it this way, my mother may be my mother but we both know I have all the control in this household.

'Thanks for reminding me.' I mumbled. I guess she gave up because I heard her rout down the stairs. 'Finally,' I said to myself relieved.

I jumped off my bed and ambled to the computer desk. I flipped on the switch and instantly logged on to my favorite IM website, thankful to be able to rant about having the worst mother. Maybe tomorrow I'd get lucky and find out I'm adopted. No, that's impossible. I look exactly like my mother right down to the set of my mouth when I'm upset. Brown hair with golden streaks, blue eyes and slim and muscular build. The typical girl in Bronxville New York. Well now, Jenkins Kentucky'


The author's comments:
THis is just the beginning of a very sketchy plot and a few ideas. Give me some feedback!