Afraid | Teen Ink

Afraid

By Wordfreak SILVER, Aurora, Colorado
Wordfreak SILVER, Aurora, Colorado

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Doc Johnson
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog." -Ivan Moody, FFDP

I’m afraid. That’s it, plain and simple. I’m afraid. I’m afraid she won’t end up being the one. That she’ll find someone better, that she realizes that I’m not worth it. I’m afraid I’ll end up alone, once again huddled in a closet with a razor blade, hacking away at my wrists, like they’re the frayed ends of my heart and soul. I’m afraid I’ll be once again trapped in a dark and lonely place like my mind. I’m afraid that somehow I won’t graduate, that I’ll end up a failure the rest of my life. I’m afraid my parents will disown me; my father will be prouder of his “sons” that aren’t even his own blood. That I end up being nothing. And the world spins without me. But mostly I’m afraid that I’ll deserve it.

I classified this as a poem because of the feeling involved.

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
The feels tho. We all know how that is and you put it into words.lovely piece of writing. Good job.

AvengeMyBrokenSong GOLD, WHOOP, New York

"It takes more strength to cry at mid-defeat."
-Susan Boyle
"The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow becomes."
-Kingdom Hearts

I know EXACTLY how this feels....uncertainty killed my relationship. Don't let it kill yours.