Nigeria,my Nigeria | Teen Ink

Nigeria,my Nigeria

By Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other
Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other

"There are all these ideas about what is perfect and what is beautifu land what is smart,but the most appealing thing is,that which is me is nobody else"

-Jennifer Lopez

I saw a ship sailing many years ago,launched into a great ocean to reach an expected end,on it was "The Giant of Africa".She was captained by foreign masters and was small yet in her contained a lot.She fought through the waters for her people and finally gained freedom from the foreigners.With personalities of over 170 million today,she has 36 compartments in that ship.Now you begin to wonder,how can a ship grow overnight sailing on water.Ask Nnamdi Azikwe,Herbert Macauly and all those who in diverse ways captained this ship through storms and waves.

Today,people say she is heading for another titanic.And I ask her,are you?She turned to me and saud,Ï don't want to but the way my passengers are going,I think we should call for help.Lives have already been lost.People are dying.My people are killing themselves and tearing me apart gradually but I want to ask them this question,'if I sink,don't you think you all will sink with me?'None ofyou will be saved because we are in the same boat"".

I ask her again,how have you been taking all this,she said,"In me,lies great talents,world toppers,people who want us to reach our destination.I am strong so no matter what people say or prophecy,I won't fall apart."

Today,people look at Nigeria and wonder where it is headed,a titanic or a victory over the expected fall?We might be going through crisis,Violence,corruption amon all Nigerians,under development and others,but we would conquer it all.This is a tribute to my Nigeria.We have been sailing long enough,it is time to increase our speed,put together efforts to arrive our destination.Do we have a destination?Yes,we had one when we were created and we still have it now,we might have diverted,but we can still go back.Let's stop throwing our fellow passengers out of the ship,let us remove all form of blockages that divides us and come together.We are one ship.We are Nigeria.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I love the way you describe everything, It feels like you speak from the heart, and mean every word you say :) Ugh I've missed talking to you! I hope we can catch up soon

on Feb. 15 2015 at 10:52 am
chezbona SILVER, Accra, Other

your wildest imagination is just the beginning,make the sky your starting point.
To a better world,
Chez bona.

wow u forget family...................................... we spoke together with lam feli/cristel snow about Asa and how u guys dissed me(no comments) u're nigerian right, thats if this is the right kaydie i spoke about calling the police and u spoke about boko haram getting me first lol and i felt a bit bad about ur first comment on my poem

chezbona SILVER, Accra, Other

To a better world,
Chez bona.

Hey kay, are u alive cuz u're absence tells me so