Just a dream? | Teen Ink

Just a dream?

December 17, 2014
By lovingenglish2 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
lovingenglish2 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I slowly walk around the corner to a new street stretching far down to the ocean. I got to the beginning of the street and stopped. I saw the sun glistening off the calm water.  I took in a long deep breath and breathed in the fresh scent of the ocean. I slowly started to walk towards the ocean and was hit with a big gust of wind that had not been blowing, just a few minutes ago. I knew right then what was happening. The gusts of wind now were so loud I could not hear anyone or anything, I couldn’t even hear myself think. I started running towards the ocean to get closer to the noise. I later learned that it was a big mistake to do that. I had been struck by a vehicle. The driver couldn’t see because of the storm that had made its way to my town.  There were pellets of hail everywhere. But they hadn’t hit till I was struck by the vehicle. I was driven to the hospital, all the while I was in and out of consciousness. There were no rooms, though. We were told we either had to go to a different hospital or we had to wait for a couple hours to get us into a room. They saw how bad my condition was and decided that they should transfer me to a different hospital. At this point they had hooked me up to an I.V. and a heart monitor. I had woken up long enough to hear “beep, beep, beep.”  I drifted back out but this time it was a vision of me in a hospital bed. I saw my parents. I started yelling, “Mom! Dad!” but they wouldn’t look at me, then I looked back at the monitor it was flat-lined. I told myself I had to tell them I will be alright. I slowly opened my eyes and saw both my parents standing at the end of the bed looking at me. I looked around the room and asked where I was. They replied with, “At home in your bedroom. We heard you screaming our names.”