Eye of Minds; Review | Teen Ink

Eye of Minds; Review

By bense BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
bense BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Michael spoke against the wind to a girl named Tanya. All Michael wanted to do was help, but then Tanya ripped her own core out. Just before she did she told Michael that a guy named Kaine trapped her in the VirtNet forever. Michel returned to the real world confused of what he just witnessed. Who was this Kaine guy?

Michael was a teenaged boy in a normal world, but that all changed in an instant when he was confronted by the VNS (the VirtNet security). They need his help; a hacker named Kaine stole something called the Mortality Doctrine, which can not only affect the virtual world, but also the real world, and to catch a hacker you need a hacker, Michael is a hacker and so are his friends, Bryson and Sarah. Now Michael and his friends are on a mission to stop Kaine, but when they all agree to stop this guy, Kaine heard them. Now Kaine’s after them and has these monsters called KillSims which affect your real body and kills you in both worlds. Now Michael Bryson and Sarah have another problem if they die in the sleep they’ll die in the wake.

The Eye of Minds is a great story for gamers because the VirtNet is a game that’s like a simulation. The story its self is very powerful because Kaine is practically a terrorist and in real life that’s a big deal, and Michael has to take this real far in order to stop Kaine. The story is very motivating because it makes you wish you could help things in real life that are similar; at least that what happened to me. James Dashner has a lot of really good books, but in my opinion this is the best.

This book is very moving, and powerful; it shows you that to help the world you have to take things further even if you don’t want to, and makes you take what you don’t want. The book left me hanging and ready for the next one!

school work and its a great book just read the review