Experiencing the 60% and Craving the 40% | Teen Ink

Experiencing the 60% and Craving the 40%

By kaylamorcat PLATINUM, Worcester, Massachusetts
kaylamorcat PLATINUM, Worcester, Massachusetts

From your surface of glass to your deepest obsidian black we’ve attempted to comprehend your beauty, might, and inner workings. Try as we might, you will remain a wonder, for when have humans ever understood the meaning of solitude other than our own. Why can’t we stay perplexed and amazed by your beauty, might, and inner workings? Why do we feel the need to pry into your physical being? Physical beings are useless. Physical beings die. Feelings do not, and the feelings I have towards you, sister, mother, lover are so powerful, I am sure they are eternal. They will live on. I have seen them live on in the fish and plants and beautiful structures you house and nurture. You live on in the creatures on land who have experienced you, they have a shimmer in their eyes. They shine like a lighthouse on a foggy night. They shine like your ripples in the sun. They shine like the scales of your inhabitants. These children of the sea have learned from you how to express themselves with candor, to trust what they feel and to act strongly upon those feelings. They question nothing, they accept it knowingly. Yet there are still times when their feelings confuse them. After all they are only 60% you, the other 40% of them is alone in this dry world. When struck with confusion, they turn to you. You drown them in feeling, and push them back towards shore with the answer to their confusion full to the brim in their hearts. You are always the answer, sometimes they just need a reminder of what love is.

I run to the answer when I need help, I swim when I recieve help