Twilight Review | Teen Ink

Twilight Review

December 5, 2008
By xxjosiexx143 SILVER, Lexington Twp., Maine
xxjosiexx143 SILVER, Lexington Twp., Maine
9 articles 6 photos 23 comments

Twilight-Stephenie Meyer
She sat in the corner, face twisted in pain, as she waited for him to deliver the final, crushing blow. He stalked forward, red eyes gleaming in the faint light of the room. He took careful steps as he assessed his prey. One quick movement and she would be dead. But he wanted her to suffer, and he got what he wanted. She was suffering. Not as much on the outside as the inside. She knew Edward would come to save her. And then it would be over for him too. She shot one last panicky glance at the door and then he lost control. He lunged and suddenly everything in her vision went black...
This first book in the Twilight Saga (by Stephenie Meyer, copyright 2005) is full of dangers and evil forces. Near death experiences and vicious, bloodthirsty vampires. This is the story of Bella Swan, an ordinary teenage girl who gets caught up in the extraordinary dangers of being a real-life vampire’s girlfriend. She is accident prone and requires constant attention from her seemingly god-like boyfriend, Edward. The ‘Vegetarian’ vampire. Though Bella is always in trouble, whether from strangers in the city or ruthless, inhuman vampires, Edward always comes to save the day.
This book is set in the small town of Forks, Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula. The least sunniest place in the world. Vampires can’t come out in the sun, right?
This is the type of book that all teen girls (even young adults) can relate to. Whether you’re an ordinary girl who is longing for her prince charming, or just a girl who is looking for a little adventure in her life, this would be the book for you.
This is the best book I have ever read, and I have read a LOT of books. It is a New York Times Editor’s Choice, a Teen People Hot List pick, and Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year. It is a suspenseful, romantic, fantasy that won’t get old no matter how many times you read it. Trust me.
This book will soon be made into a major motion picture. Though the characters in the movie are not quite what I expected, I am confident that this will be one of the best movies to hit the theaters in years. This movie will be in theaters on Nov. 22. 2008.
Stephenie Meyer, the author of the Twilight Saga, is a skilled writer who bases her books on the love and compassion of her family, who supported her throughout the series. They were also her inspiration, for many of the characters names in the series are that of her own family. She has MANY fansites, dedicated to her and her books. Dozens of them. Half are in different languages, showing just how big an impact her books have had around the world.
So no matter whether you’re just a teenager looking for a romantic, yet thrilling love story about two teenagers facing the odds and nature of the unseen mythical world, or just someone who loves to curl up and read a good book, I suggest that you try these out and experience the new world, conjured up by a young author’s wild imagination. Are you ready for a world where anything is possible?


The author's comments:
I know that most people have already read Twilight, but for those who haven't you should really read this. (And by the way... The movie is NOTHING like the book! Definitely not as good.)