The Reaping | Teen Ink

The Reaping

By Allison_after_life GOLD, Avondale, Arizona
Allison_after_life GOLD, Avondale, Arizona

Lest you be scavengers of the flesh, Shrouded in darkness. The darkness will be your companion.

Succumb To the mercy of your evil Minions. Corruption, Devastation, Lurking in the everglowing Desire, To see them, To be shunned, cast, Into the abyss. Look to the left, to the north, To the south. You see disaster, You see fire brimming.

The earth is falling, The dark entity's take pleasure in the destruction. They shriek, their loud cry's penatrate the hollow earth, Crumbling
Before you.

The shrieks echo through the lost souls of the living, Trapped in this world, wishing to go on to the next.

"Kill them!" Was their evil Shriek. "Every last one!" Their spears, Weapons pierce through the heart, Thrown into the fire. The lost souls of the living Cried out in terror, pain, illusioned by lies, The minions deceived, their hopes for a better world. Into hell they wen't.

The lost souls of the living, In desperation, Begging, Pleading, to live, To be sent up to the heavens, Or to remain on the faltering earth,

To just live, The evil entity's Don't take pity on them, the lost souls of the living Lead their selfish lives, Lived for money, For fame, To be known. Self-righteous. With holding the truth, You liars, Deceivers yourselfs. The darkness in your lives, you thought it was okay, To torment, To kill each other, Sleep with women, Beat your wives, Slay your children. As long as the eyes of the law did not see your evil
Doings. And you wonder why you are still here?

The eyes of heaven, Turn away, Let not to witness the evil ritual, of the dark spirit. The eyes of heaven cried out for the lost souls of the living, Being cast into the fire.

You turn and run, the ground begins to crumble beneath you, The lost souls of the living, Being marked, Branded, The beast, it thirsts for your flesh. The life you onced lived, The terrible things you have done. You slink away in shame, You know why you are here, You know what is going to happen. Running will do no good.

You've been marked, their is no hiding, No escape, It's the end, It's to late. You beg for forgiveness, The dark entity's take you by the limbs, They smell of bile, No much worse, They shriek, They hiss, They bite, Your flesh is broken blood pours.

You see the fire ahead. Smoldering, Everlasting, Everburning, For all eternity. It's to late for believing God is real, Up above, He stares down his sorrow for you is deep, He cry's for the lost souls of the living. The evil entity's laugh, Cackle, To see you burn, this is what they have been waiting for.

The minions, Cast you into the lake, you are falling,Your stomach churns, you fear the fire, Letting go, Eternity, Forever, Never to escape, The fire is your everlasting nightmare, Trapped, Gone forever, This world is broken, this world from which you came to be. That brought you to existence, Now this lake, this fire is your home, you sink, Scorching, Boils, you try to scream, But nothing comes forth from your mouth, Nothing rolls off your tongue. The fire consumes. You Can't breath, You sink further, Down to the bottom.

Amidst the smoke and eternal flames, The lost souls of the no longer living, All around, Death, So... So frightening, their eyes open, their faces distorted. Their last words, Praying for freedom, Crying out in pain, Missing their loved ones, Now... silence..

The lost souls, Floating all around, Burning, this is the end, This is the life you have chosen. To not believe, To not pray. To not give your everything to him. To just live the way you want. And now this, It's done. The fire continues to burn, And the lost souls perish, It is finished.

melinda13 said...
on Jan. 18 2009 at 12:15 am
hey, allison.

wow! that was AMAZING. you really put feeling into this. i'm speechless

melinda13 :)

Joy26 said...
on Jan. 17 2009 at 4:06 am
Really cool in its scariness and is similar to the poetry of Nicholas from Texas...fascinating and frightening!!

jadedtorn said...
on Nov. 29 2008 at 12:42 am
wow,

that gave me goosebumps. Reminds me of cradle of filth but much more deeper.