Our Time | Teen Ink

Our Time

By jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah
jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

I don’t know what to do now,
Or what else more to say.
I wish you understood me;
I wish that you would stay.

I know the leaves will crash to the ground,
And the snow will always fall.
Darkness will always follow the light,
But why couldn’t we stand tall?

No one said it would be easy,
No one thought we would succeed.
But after coming here, so far,
What more could you possibly need?

I don’t want to walk away from you,
And never hold you, or see you again.
I don’t want to pass you in a couple years
And have to mutter: “That was my friend.”

Something so special just can’t burn out;
It may dim, but it shall not fail
We had promised so many things,
Yet all I see is betrayal.

But just as the snow falls
And the sun continues to rise;
I will keep you safe in my heart
Until our time together arrives.

Just remember; everything that is meant to be, will be.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

This is wonderfully true and that makes it beautiful. Though I liked your rhyme too I think it it swayed in a few places. But the overall beauty of it makes that insignificant. And well let me explain myself. I said it was true. and what I meant was, you said what is meant to be, will be. You're right and the essence of the poem is right. And I suppose it hit me on more of a personal note and I could relate that is why I loved it all the more. Anyway, great poem :D