Under Lock and Key | Teen Ink

Under Lock and Key

October 31, 2013
By LizzyR SILVER, Springfield, Missouri
LizzyR SILVER, Springfield, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You had me under lock and key, like a rare creature you couldn't set me free.





Day in and day out, a prince was all I could dream about.





I was trapped inside a psychotic world, where I was the one worth more than gold.





I hated you with all my heart, but in your eyes I was a work of art.





I heard the music you would play, but not one dance would come my way.




I had nice things but I wished for more, that one day someone would unlock the door.




I was like a bird who couldn’t sing or a sparrow in a cage with a diamond ring.




I caught a glimpse out my window of a kind and lonely stranger, walking by who couldn’t glimpse danger.




The kind and lonely stranger walking by, that day would be the one to hear my cry.




He followed the sound without hesitation; a man on a mission would be my salvation.




He climbed the tower and followed my voice, almost as if I had given him no choice.




He found the key hanging on the door, started to push the door open and fell to the floor.




He stumbled for a second then proceeded; he at last got the strength that he needed.




I had a brave man who was quite charming and also handsomely alarming.




He was quite young and blind, and yet he was not at all confined.




We left that castle hand-in-hand, like there was nothing we couldn’t withstand.




Now I am free and doing well, I became the kind stranger’s southern belle.