The Long Miserable Fall | Teen Ink

The Long Miserable Fall

August 16, 2009
By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
32 articles 1 photo 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~


"Let's juse be friends." Those are the four most dreaded words in my vocabulary. Yes we are friends, but why can't we be more? I don't get it.
There's only so much a girl can handle before her heart is no longer able to heal. It's like my heart is breaking a little more each day, and I am running out of glue. You're the only one that hurts me like this.
Honestly, I don't think you even realize that you do it...You've got no clue...
Each time I look into those big beautiful eyes of yours, my stomach sinks, my cheeks become as pink as cotton candy, My heart beats faster and faster until, finally, I've fallen for you.
I don't know why I do this to myself...Nothing ever changes...Everytime, I fall longer and harder, but only when I see you.
All you've got to so is smile and I melt in my shoes! I can't handle it...The problem becomes that I forget about everything else until we break eye contact. I don't think about what awaits outside of your gaze...Your girlfriend, my friends, and your friends... They all disagree. But, do you want to know something?
I don't...I can't disagree with the obvious... It's impossible to deny it any longer. Reality is waiting for me: I'm not helping anything...only falling...falling miserably

The author's comments:
it says it all